What you need:
- 32-ounce bag frozen cubed hash browns
- 1 large onion, diced ( we found that 1/2 was plenty for us)
- 1-2 cups chopped ham
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10-12 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepperServes: 5-6 meal sized servings, 8-10 side size servings. All yields are approximate.
- Spray the insert of the instant pot with nonstick cooking spray. This is very important!
- Place ⅓ of hash browns in the bottom. Top with ⅓ onions, ⅓ ham, and ⅓ cheese. Repeat two more times.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until well blended. Pour over ham and potato layers.
- To make in an instant Pot: Place insert in Instant Pot. Press Slow Cooker then Adjust until the light comes on under less, adjust time using plus and minus sign to get it to 7 hours. If you’d like to cook it faster, press “Slow Cooker”, don’t adjust to less, then adjust the time to 3-4 hours.***My husband added Secret Aardvark Sauce to it he said it it was delicious but be prepared since the sauce is like a mule kicking you in the teeth!