Poor Man Crab Cakes
Author: Brewing Wisdom
- 2 1⁄2 cups zucchini (grated)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (seasoned or plain)
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion (we used fresh garden green onions in ours)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for frying
- cayenne pepper (optional, for a little extra spice)
- -Spread grated zucchini on a kitchen towel and roll up. Twist the towel to get as much liquid out of the zucchini as possible. Avoiding this step will make the cakes to wet.
- -In a large bowl, combine zucchini and butter. Stir in bread crumbs, onion, Old Bay, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Mix and combine.
- -Heat Oil on low.
- -Rub your hands in a little bit of olive oil, and shape mixture into patties. Coat each patty in flour. In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Fry patties until golden brown on both sides. (About 3-5 min per side).