Homemade Baked Ziti
So delicious and quick to prepare!
Author: Brewing Wisdom
- 1 lb Dry Ziti Pasta
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 6 Ounces Provolone Cheese, sliced
- 6 Ounces Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 2 (26 Ounce) Jars Spaghetti Sauce
- 1½ Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tbs Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet/wok, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: ½ of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, ½ sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining mixture. Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- *For an added touch of color garnish the top with some parsley flakes!