Slow Cooker Pot Roast
This was by far one of the best pot roasts I've ever made! So quick, budget friendly and SO tender!
Author: Brewing Wisdom
- - 1 Onion, Sliced
- - ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- - 1 (2½ lb) Boneless Beef Chuck Roast
- - 1 Pinch of Salt and Ground Black Pepper to Taste
- - 1 (1.2 ounce) Package Dry Beef Gravy Mix
- - 1 (1 ounce) Package Ranch Dressing Mix
- - (.7 ounce) Package Dry Italian-Style Salad Dressing Mix
- - ½ Cup Water
- - 5 While Peeled Carrots
- - 3-4 Stalks of Chopped Celery
- Coat the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray. Spread the onion slices out into the bottom of the cooker.
- Spread the flour out onto a work surface. Sprinkle the chuck roast with salt and black pepper, and roll the roast in the flour to coat all sides. Massage the flour into the meat coating it well. Place the floured roast into the cooker on top of the onions. Whisk together beef gravy mix, ranch dressing mix, and Italian dressing mix in a bowl, and whisk the mixes with water until smooth. Pour over the chuck roast. Distribute carrots and celery around the meat.
- Cover the cooker, set to low, and cook until the roast is tender and the gravy has thickened.
- **I cooked mine on low for 8 hours