Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan with Garlic
MARCH 1, 2017 BY: JASON & STEPH Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan with Garlic 0Share 0Share Tweet 0Pin 0Share 0Share It’s Butter Thyme! In our home we love chicken and we try to have a meal with chicken at least once a week! There are so many ways to cook chicken and this recipe is full of flavor and very easy to make. If you don’t have a rotary cheese grater, its definitely worth investing in one for this recipe!
Author: Brewing Wisdom
- * 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- * ⅓ Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- * 2 lb. bone-in chicken thighs
- * Kosher salt
- * Freshly ground black pepper
- * 1 lb. baby red potatoes, quartered
- * 2 tbsp. butter
- * 5 cloves Garlic, Chopped
- * 2 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- * Grated Parmesan, for serving
- * Parsley Flakes
- before getting started. This saves you time and prevents rushing!
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, vegetable oil. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and sear until golden, 3 to 4 minutes, then flip and sear 3 minutes more.
- IT’S BUTTER THYME! In a 6-quart slow-cooker, toss potatoes with olive oil, butter, garlic, and thyme. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add chicken to slow cooker and toss gently, then cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours, until potatoes are tender and chicken is fully cooked.
- Garnish with Parmesan and parsley. This is where I really enjoyed using our rotary cheese grater! The fresh grated taste of parmesan on Garlic Parmesan Chicken is a must!