The Perfect Evening Snack
Author: Brewing Wisdom
- 1 Cup Light (mild) Molasses
- 2¼ Cups Boiling Water
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
- ¾ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 Cups Flour
- 1 Pound Light Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine molasses, boiling water, and baking soda. In separate bowl, mix oil, flour, and sugar until mixture resembles crumbs. Reserve 1 cup crumbs for topping. Stir remaining crumbs into molasses mixture and pour into greased 9×13 – inch pan. Top with reserved crumbs. Bake 40-45 minutes.
- **Be sure to add crumbs after baking!
- I love to drizzle some of Grandma’s Original Molasses on top of mine!
- Recipe Inspired by: Marie Martin Ephrata, PA