Did you know that you can get companies to send you free products and samples . . . just by asking? No surveys, no gimmicks, just a simple thank note or email could get you some free coupons! You may be thinking that it is a little degrading to ask for free stuff, but trust me, they have so many products to give away that they will be glad you did ask! This helps their company and is very encouraging. Some companies may not reply at all and some might, it depends, but you are bound to get something. Some things you could get are:
-Household Product Samples
-Coupons(for free products or 50% off)
-Full Size Products
-Discounts and Vouchers
1. Make a List
First thing you have to do is to make a list of the companies you want to write to. You can write to one or two or you can write to four or five, the choice is yours. Look at items in your cupboard, bathroom, and office, and collect the names of the companies whose products you like. Here are a selection of companies that you can write to, but remember, these companies are not guaranteed to send you samples; you will have to see for yourself. If I have written to any of them and received free products, I’ll let you know.
- Makeup and Perfume Try writing to makeup companies such as: Clinique, Rimmel, and Covergirl .Chap Stick, Burt’s Bees, Lush, etc.
- Food Kraft, Celestial Seasonings, Twinings, Pepsi, Coca-Cola, McDonalds, and Wrigley’s. You’ll mainly get coupons, but you could get a few samples too.
- Office Supplies 3M (I received free products from them), Staedtler, Stabilo, Daler and Rowney, Pentel, Sharpie, and Crayola.
- Other Colgate-Palmolive, Nestle, and Apple
***For a Master List Visit Here
2. Locate Email or Address
Once you have your list of companies you will need to get their contact details. You can do so by either looking at their website under the Contact Us or About Us links and making note of their address or email address or, by taking a look at the Contact Us information on your product. It may be quite difficult sometimes to find their address. If you can’t find it, forget about that company and move on. Sometimes an email address works better. Write them an email instead of a letter. Gather up some addresses and get ready to start writing!
Should I Send a Letter or an Email?
Usually letters suggest to the company that you value their products so much that you took the time to write them a letter. I have had more success writing a letter than an email. You will have to pay for stamps and envelopes if you decide to write a letter, but you will have more success than an email.
3. Write Your Letter or Email
Once you have your company address, it is time to write them a letter. Tell the company how much you value their products and their company, why they are the best company for making that product, what you love about their product, perhaps add a personal experience, add that you would love to try more of their range and that you would like to receive some samples. Here is a step by step overview:
- How much you love their company: Say why you like their products so much. For example; “Your pens are so smooth to write with and are absolutely flawless,” or “Your lotion is so soft and dissolves into my skin instantly!” Make a good paragraph on this and maybe explain two to three of their products.
- Say that you have built trust in them: “I always buy your brand because I like to be in the know and you will deliver only excellence every time.” or “Your brand has produced excellent bath products time and time again. I now always buy your brand as I know that you will deliver only the best every time.”
- Add a personal experience: “When I wash my hair with your silky shampoo, all my family comment on how soft and luscious my hair is!”
- Say how much you would like to try more of their range: “I have become such a loyal customer and fan of your company that I would love to try more of your range. Could you send me some samples of your products? Thank you, I would be so grateful!”
When writing your letter keep the following points in mind:
- Do not limit your letter to a request for free products. They will notice this and won’t send you any. Be honest about why you like their company. You more than likely to receive samples if you are a genuinely loyal customer.
- Say what your favourite products are and why.
- Maybe give a personal experience (if you can).
- Be concise and stick to the point. There is no need to go overboard
Here are some handy phrases you can use to sprinkle here and there in your letters.
- I believe that your company make the finest [fill in product type] in the world.
- I have built so much trust in your company as you deliver five star excellence every time.
- Your brownies are absolutely delicious! They melt in my mouth and make me feel like I am in paradise.
- Thank you for creating such amazing/life-changing products.
- My dog is very choosey in what dog treats he will eat, but his mouth waters at your brand! He absolutely loves them!
- Your [fill in product type] are so well-designed and are made so intricately.
- I love the way your [fill in product type] are 100% organic and natural. Most other [product] are synthetic these days, but yours are always homemade and eco-friendly. That is what I like so much about your company.
- I use your [product] all the time, in the home and in the office.
- I have recommended your products to all my friends and they love your [product] too. We have become [name of company]’s No.1 fans!
- You have changed the world with your fantastic [product].
- I would love to try more of your amazing range. Could you please send me some samples of your new products? I would be so grateful. Thanks!
As you can see, most of the phrases are very repetitive so you will get into the hang of things after a while.
A Few Companies I have written to.
|Stacy’s Pita Chips||Coupons, Free Reusable Zipper Bag|
|Turkey Hill||Many Coupons (free product & $ off see image below)|
|Frito-Lay||Coupons (free product)|
|Twinnings||Tea Samples & Coupons (Free Product & $ Off)|
|Cedar||Free Product Coupon|
|Bays||English Muffin Coupons|
1. Visit Tide.com
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Please feel free to write success stories below!